Are you feeding a large family? Or maybe just a crowd? These sheet pan pancakes will revolutionize making pancakes for a crowd!
Sheet pan pancakes allow you to walk away. No more standing over the hot stove top or griddle flipping an infinite amount of pancakes!
Simply mix the batter, add in toppings, bake and walk away. Amazing!
Why I Love Sheet Pan Pancakes
Typically I try to do pancakes once a week. It used to be exhausting, especially while pregnant, standing over the griddle ladling the batter on to it and waiting “patiently” for it to bubble so I could flip it. The thing I love most about these sheet pan pancakes is that it allows me to mix the batter, throw it in the oven and walk away til the timer goes off. As a busy mom this frees me up to do other tasks that are screaming for my attention, if you know you know!
Why my kids love them
My kids absolutely love these pancakes. Their favorite part is the extra add-ins. The great thing is you can choose any add-ins you like. Play around with it, be creative, and enjoy eating these light and fluffy golden brown squared pancakes!
These sheet pan pancakes are truly delightful for a large family breakfast or brunch on a Saturday or Sunday. They are also great for extended family get togethers or any time you need to feed a crowd. Even if you don’t have a large family, you can batch cook this, cut it up and freeze it for days or weeks to come. Simply pull out the servings you’ll need from the freezer the night before and place into the refrigerator. The day of pop them right in to the toaster and enjoy a homemade breakfast!
The other bonus of this breakfast is it’s simplicity. You could even prep the batter the night before, throw it in the refrigerator and pour it in to the sheet pan the next morning. Honestly though, mixing these ingredients together is so quick, that I personally have never refrigerated mine the night before and probably never would. But, it is a nice option in case you have a busy morning that does not allow time for you to mix together the batter ingredients.
- if you don’t have a large sheet pan, split it in to two smaller sheet pans
- use any add-ins you would like, or don’t do any
- use toppings of your choice
- freeze extras for another day and throw in the toaster when ready to eat
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
Ingredients for Sheet Pan Pancakes:
Flour- We use an organic flour from a local mill, but you can also order online if you don’t have that option.
Baking Powder- Look for an organic brand or at the least aluminum free.
Salt- It is so important to use real salt. We enjoy pink himalayan and Redmond’s.
Milk- If you have raw whole milk you will get so many more nutrients in comparison to pasteurized, but use whatever type of milk you’d like!
Eggs- Pasture raised from our backyard is our first option, but if you don’t have those check for fresh eggs in your area.
Butter- Our local dairy farmer sells raw butter and it is gooooood! Use whatever you have of course!
Add-ins- This is the fun part! I used organic frozen blueberries I had on hand. We had also had a party and had leftover peanut butter m&ms that we tossed in. You can never go wrong with chocolate chips! Throw in whatever your favorites are and tag me on social media @thebehhome
Toppings- Our favorite is natural organic peanut butter with organic pure maple syrup.
large bowl or stand mixer
spoon for stirring
measuring cups and spoons
How to make sheet pan pancakes:
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit. Line your baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, and salt. With a large spoon mix the dry ingredients together.
Next add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix in the milk, eggs, and melted butter until fully incorporated.
Pour batter evenly across the sheet pan. Use your spoon to help spread if necessary.
Sprinkle toppings of your choice across the top of the batter.
Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Add any toppings you’d like: butter, syrup, etc. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container for up to four days. When consuming heat in oven or toaster.
If you try this recipe and love it, I would be over the moon if you’d give me a five star rating below! Make sure you take me in your recipe photos on IG @thebehhome
Sheet Pan Pancakes
- 1 Large Sheet Pan
- 6 cups flour
- 4 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 sticks butter melted
- 1-3 toppings your choice berries, chocolate chips, m&m's, etc
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit2. Line sheet pan with parchment paper or spray with oil.3. Add dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well incorporated.4. Add wet ingredients and mix until fully combined.4. Pour batter evenly on to sheet pan.5. Sprinkle toppings of your choice across the batter.6. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.7. Serve and enjoy!
- if you don’t have one large sheet pan, feel free to split the batter in to two smaller ones.
- use any add ins of your choice, we enjoyed dividing ours in to thirds. One third had chocolate chips, one third frozen blueberries, one third peanut butter m&ms
- after it is baked, feel free to top it with whatever you’d like. We enjoyed ours with peanut butter & maple syrup. Other ideas include: berry syrups, butter, whipped cream, Nutella, chocolate syrup, etc.
- calories are before adding any toppings