Have you heard of beef tallow recently? This is a natural body lotion with surprising benefits! Whipped beef tallow is derived from the rendered fat of grass-fed cows. In this blog post, we will discuss what beef tallow is, how it is made, and the advantages it offers as a natural body lotion.
What is Whipped Beef Tallow?
Whipped beef tallow is a natural lotion made from the fat of grass-fed cows. The fat is rendered, purified, and then whipped to create a creamy, smooth texture that’s easy to apply to the skin. This traditional practice dates back centuries and has recently regained popularity due to its numerous benefits.
Benefits of Whipped Tallow as a Natural Body Lotion
- Rich in Nutrients: Beef tallow is a powerhouse of nutrients like Vitamins A, D, E, and K, along with essential fatty acids. These elements nourish the skin, promoting a healthy and radiant complexion.
- Deep Moisturization: Whipped tallow penetrates deeply into the skin, providing intense hydration without leaving a greasy residue. It effectively locks in moisture, making it an ideal solution for dry, rough skin.
- Skin Barrier Support: The natural fats in beef tallow help fortify the skin’s protective barrier, shielding it from environmental pollutants and irritants. This can lead to improved skin resilience and reduced sensitivity.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Thanks to its high concentration of linoleum acid, whipped beef tallow possesses anti-inflammatory properties, which can soothe irritated skin and help alleviate conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Non-Comedogenic: Contrary to common misconceptions about animal fats, whipped beef tallow in non-comedogenic, meaning it won’t clog pores or cause acne breakouts. It can be used safely on various skin types, including sensitive and acne-prone skin.
- Sustainable: Utilizing beef tallow as skincare ingredient promotes sustainability by making use of a by product that might otherwise go to waste. When sourced from grass-fed cows, it also aligns with ethical and environmentally conscious practices.
- Versatility: Whipped tallow can be used as a multipurpose skincare product. Besides a body lotion, it can also serve as a nourishing lip balm, cuticle cream, overnight scalp moisturizer, or even a natural highlighter for a subtle glow.
How to make Whipped Tallow
Making Whipped Tallow from home is simple! After rendering your tallow follow the instructions below. You can add scents, or leave it scentless.
If making whipped tallow isn’t your thing, but you would like to purchase some, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org I am currently selling my silver tallow for $25 (includes US shipping!). You can also choose from these aromatherapy options:
Whipped Silver Tallow
Whipped Silver Smile Tallow
Whipped Silver Calming Tallow
Whipped Silver Muscle Tallow
DISCLAIMER: This product has not been approved by the FDA. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Consult your physician if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or under the age of 12. All sales final.
Easy Steps to Make Your Own
Step One: Melt Tallow
Step Two: Remove from heat, allow to cool, then place in fridge for about an hour.
Step Three: Remove from fridge and whisk with kitchen aid or hand mixer.
Step Four: add essential oils if you’d like, then whisk until fully incorporated.
Step Five: Place whipped tallow in individual jars for resale or gifts. Or make a small batch for your family and place in one bigger jar.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
Whipped Beef Tallow
- 1 Kitchen Aid Mixer or hand mixer
- 1 Pot to Melt Tallow
- 20 2 oz Amber Jars
- any Essential Oils Optional, for aromatherapy
- 3 cups Beef Tallow Rendered
- 300 drops essential oil optional
- Melt down 3 cups of tallow on a medium/low heat
- Remove from heat, once cooled place in fridge for about an hour
- Once tallow has thickened, but not completely solidified, remove from fridge
- Using the whisk attachment on your hand mixer or kitchen aid, mix until tallow reaches a whipped lotion texture
- If using essential oils, add and whisk until fully incorporated
- If you want to make different scents using different essential oils first place whipped tallow in to individual jars then add about 25 drops to each jar and mix until oils are incorporated
- If using essential oils be sure to purchase amber jars like these for proper storage.
- I found the easiest way to put the whipped tallow in to jars was to use a small spatula like this one.
- Whipped tallow may melt, if it does you can set it in the fridge and whip it up again if necessary.
- Store in a cool dry place, out of direct sunlight.
- If you don’t want to make this but would like to purchase some, email me at email@example.com Only $25 for 2oz shipped in the United States.
Whipped Beef Tallow may not be the first thing that comes to mind when considering natural body lotions, but its benefits are hard to ignore. From its nutrient-rich composition to its deep moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties, this traditional skincare ingredient has proven to be a remarkable choice for those seeking a natural and effective way to care for their skin. Embrace the nourishing qualities of whipped tallow and experience the difference in your skin’s health and radiance!